Monday 5 March 2012

'PUBLIC'...Which one are you?

Public is a group of people with align standards, or some define it as a community. 


I am a member of the student public. I chose to become a student so that I could explore different career opportunities. I was ready to learn so that is what I am doing, learning everyday. Students are typically grouped into the lower income, younger people. There are exceptions to this though, especially in this program. Students can be a driving force to a new trend.

I am also a member of the traveller public or segment. I have travelled to many different places in the world. I am always researching new places to go and information on them. I am electronically signed up to tons of newsletters about travelling and deals and also have many flight watches. I would say that this demographic would be an airlines dream. If we see a deal we are likely to take it with no fear or hesitation as long as the funds are there, or sometimes even when they are not!

I am not sure if tech savy is the perfect way to describe the next public I am apart of, but I have too many gadgets for one person and know how to use them! By putting myself in this category am I by no means claiming to know the most. I don't.

I am the only person that lives in my apartment but my list of gadgets is LONG. I have a Blackberry, a computer, an Ipod, and an Ipad. I know what you're thinking and I find it a bit ridiculous at times too. Now I am not saying that I couldn't live without all these by I do manage to find uses for all of them. Today this is a large public to be apart of. I think whether it is good or bad is still up in the air.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment