Tuesday 27 March 2012

What do you call it...Twitter Chat?

WOW! That's one word that comes to my head when I think about the Twitter chat that I tried to take part in. Yes I said tried, I don't think I did a very good job. Or at least it wasn't very effective. I didn't actually 'talk' to anyone.

First off, I was confused because I am currently in the United Kingdom and I think I may have got confused with the times of the chat. A little hard to figure out. Second, I couldn't even find a place where people were having a conversation. I used the tweetchat website but it didn't help. Third, for some reason it would only load the last twenty tweets that were in the conversation. That didn't help anything because I couldn't look back at what happen before, if I missed something. 

So overall, all I read was twenty tweets and they were of the same four articles that had just been retweeted by different people. No one was saying anything about them or discussing them. To say I was confused would be an understatement.

One positive thing I can say about my experience is that the articles that I did read were excellent. I thought that they were an interesting read and something to keep in mind. I don't know that I will take part in another Twitter chat unless I can figure out a better way to use it efficiently. I would definitely go back to the chat to check out some of the new articles they have. If they are always that good it would be worth going back to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment